Address the originality of student work and emerging trends in misconduct with this comprehensive solution.
Deliver and grade paper-based assessments from anywhere using this modern assessment platform.
This high-stakes plagiarism checking tool is the gold standard for academic researchers and publishers.
This robust, comprehensive plagiarism checker fits seamlessly into existing workflows.
Give feedback and grade assignments with this tool that fosters writing excellence and academic integrity.
Improve program outcomes with instant data insights from secure digital exams taken offline.
Uphold academic integrity, streamline grading and feedback, and protect your reputation with these tools.
Improve student writing, check for text similarity, and help develop original thinking skills with these tools for teachers.
Publish with confidence using the tool top researchers and publishers trust to ensure the originality of scholarly works.
Get inspired by educators who are transforming assessment into meaningful learning while maintaining integrity at its core.
When students come from outside the racial, ethnic, and cultural mainstream, they have greater learning...
At every turn, academic integrity has been both supported by and tested by technology. And, for nearly 25 years,...
Take a closer look at how exams emerged as a career entry point over the past 100 years and how modern technology...
Turnitin blog posts, delivered straight to your inbox.
At the start of every new year, educators and students worldwide begin their classes with the goal of engagement and growth. Each year marks an opportunity for change and for reflection, a chance to think about what is going well and what could be better.
Here at Turnitin, we do the same. Year-round, we work closely with those in the classroom in order to stay tuned into the challenges of the education space, as well keep up with the resources that meaningfully support those learning and teaching. When the calendar turns over, we reflect on how our content and our tools can be a part of the landscape in an even bigger way.
As we look back on 2022, we are amazed at the wide range of topics covered on this blog. We touched on everything from crafting arguments with integrity (What does that look like? And why is that important?) to the history of multiple-choice exams. Our writers were current and former educators; experts and professionals in a variety of fields; Turnitin users and employees. Looking ahead, we’re excited about all that is to come within our products and also for our global customers. But first: a look back. Because in order to move forward, it’s important to see how far we’ve come, everything we’ve accomplished and discussed.
10. Integrity focused: Building trust between student and instructor. Explores the ways in which academic integrity can be a foundational element of the student/teacher relationship, building trust and setting both up for success.
9. What do grading and marking assessments have to do with academic integrity? Looks at how assessment design and delivery can mitigate misconduct and provide students with inclusive and equitable opportunities to exhibit their learning.
8. Why academic integrity is important to teaching and learning. Dives into the deeper ways academic integrity impacts students and educators, ranging from affecting an institution’s overall academic reputation to indicating future workplace behavior for graduates.
7. Going beyond paper: Three crucial benefits of digital student workflows. Offers a perspective on the benefits of digitizing the student/teacher workflow, including a streamlined space to offer consistent feedback and a central location to easily collect and document student work.
6. How active empathy and allyship advance education in the classroom. Illustrates the importance of a culturally-responsive curriculum, with an emphasis on allyship, empathy, and the concept of “windows and mirrors.”
5. How feeling seen in the classroom helps to improve student learning outcomes. Reveals the deep value of students feeling understood and connected to their teachers and their course content, in order to improve learning outcomes.
4. What does plagiarism look like in a world with artificial intelligence? Dr. Eric Wang, Head of Turnitin AI, writes about the ubiquity of artificial intelligence in education today and how our tools are already working to leverage these technologies.
3. What does a cheater look like? How to help at-risk students. Helps readers to understand that cheaters are deeply struggling students and how their missteps can often be mitigated by instructor intervention and curriculum.
2. Similarity in the classroom. Covers some of the most frequently-asked questions by educators and students around similarity and its classroom implications, as well as steps to take in the classroom before and after misconduct occurs.
1. Does Turnitin detect plagiarism? Sheds light on the most important concept for students and educators to understand: that similarity does not equal plagiarism and (spoiler alert) that our tools do not detect plagiarism.
Still hungry for more content? Stop by our blog for the full collection of thought leadership and scroll to the bottom to subscribe and stay connected to all that is to come this year. We hope wherever you are in the world, that 2023 is starting out with energy and purpose.