The work educators are doing in the wake of COVID-19 is a model of collaboration and generosity and resilience during this period of change. At Turnitin and Gradescope, we understand that instructors are hard at work moving classes online and managing logistical details. You’re trying to find the best possible solutions for yourself and your students, from videoconferencing platforms to online communications.
But what are you supposed to do when it comes to assessment? While it’s tempting to, as a short-cut solution, decrease (or remove) assessment, educators know that considering doing so requires a compromise to student learning.
So, to avoid shortcutting your students, you still want to provide assignments, exams, and quizzes, but how on earth will you do it in the context of remote learning? Gradescope can help.
Gradescope enables the following assessment workflows:
- The ability to conduct fully online assessments, no paper required
- The ability to support student-uploaded and paper-based assessments
- The ability to deliver bubble-sheet (multiple choice) assessments
In sum, Gradescope supports you with the functionality you need to conduct assessments in online learning and bridge any data gaps from being remote. We are providing free access to Gradescope Complete for new courses created through December 31, 2020. We have also upgraded all existing 2020 courses.
To help get you started, we’re hosting open webinars on delivering remote assessments with Gradescope.
- For beginner users: Get Started with Gradescope for Remote Assessments will introduce Gradescope, help you set up a course, build an assignment, grade work and provide feedback, and share tips on how to conduct assessments remotely.
- Register Here for March 25 @ 8:00 am PDT/3:00 pm GMT:
- Register Here for March 31 @ 10:00 am PDT/5:00 pm GMT
- For existing users: Delivering Assessments Remotely will go into detail on the above workflows to meet your immediate needs for remote assessment.
Setbacks are challenging--and educators have to find new ways to navigate a changing landscape. Gradescope works with your workflow, whether paper-based or fully online, to enable remote assessment and support student learning outcomes whatever the subject, wherever the student and educator. Be safe and know we’re here to support you through this challenging time.
Turnitin blog posts, delivered straight to your inbox.