Our unique offering at Turnitin is a content database against which all papers are checked for plagiarism. But do you know what’s in this content database? Here are some fun facts and figures.
So Much Happens in a Single Day
- Our proprietary web crawler targets 68 million web pages a day
- 15 million new web resources are added to our content database each day
- In excess of 1 million student papers are uploaded daily
Ghosts of Content Past
- Our content database contains 70 billion current and archived internet pages
- Turnitin retains historical copies of all webpages it has crawled
- 1 billion student papers are in our content database
Strength in Numbers
- Our database contains over 47,000 journals and over 69 million articles and documents directly from top publishers
- 91% of the top 10,000 cited journals are included in our database
- Our database contains 200,000 US Law Reviews
- We automatically exclude pages with inappropriate content
Partnerships Make the World Go Round
- We have access to gated content available through our CrossRef partnership
- 800 publishers in the Crossref network use iThenticate to screen and review submissions for potential plagiarism issues.
- Our partnership with CORE provides access to the world’s largest open access repository aggregator (135 million open access records)
Interested in learning more about our content and the Turnitin Difference? Dive deeper here.