Global Innovation Awards 2019: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Awards Description. The Global Innovation Awards (the “Promotion”) aim to bring visibility to institutions and educators as they work to help students everywhere to do their best, original work.
"Striving for innovation and excellence is a continuous process, and we’ve created the Global Innovation Awards to bring visibility to the victories along the way as institutions and educators work to help students everywhere to do their best, original work.
Have you implemented Turnitin solutions to promote authentic learning, enhance assessment practices, help students to achieve learning objectives, or support institutional strategy? Turnitin wants to hear from individuals (professors, teachers, lecturers, administrators, or support staff) or institutions from any sector (research, higher education, or secondary education) to showcase and celebrate your achievements globally.
Whether you are starting out on your Turnitin journey or an established user, this is your opportunity to tell the story of how Turnitin is shaping academic practice for the better at your institution.
Winners will be selected from the following regions: Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Europe, Latin America & Caribbean, Middle East & Africa, North America & Canada & UK & Ireland. We will also acknowledge one overall Global Innovator worldwide who goes above and beyond to champion Turnitin products to cultivate originality and academic excellence."
The rules below detail entry eligibility, how to enter, nomination rules, and publicity guidelines.
- Turnitin Solutions. Defined as follows: Authorship Investigate, Feedback Studio, Gradescope, iThenticate, Originality Check, Revision Assistant & SimCheck.
- Regions. Defined as follows: Asia (China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam) Australia & New Zealand, Europe, Latin America & Caribbean, Middle East & Africa, North America & Canada, South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) & UK & Ireland.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Turnitin LLC, 2101 Webster St., Suite 1800 Oakland, California 94612 (“Sponsor”). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to email@example.com.
- Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to entrants who are at least 18 years of age (“of Majority Age”) at the time of entry. Entrants for the award are encouraged to be active or recent Turnitin users; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of Turnitin, LLC, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible.
- Timing. The Promotion shall begin on or around 15 July 2019 and the (“Promotion Period”) will end on 30 September 2019. Winners will be announced in December 2019.
- How to Enter. To enter a nomination for the Global Innovation Awards, go to and complete an online entry and its required fields. You must provide your information (the nominator) including your name, email address, institution, and job title (educators only), as well as the information for the nominee, which includes their name, email, institution, job title (educators only), city and country. For self-nominees, please note that both the nominator and nominee information will be the same.
Once your online entry is complete, click the “Submit” button to submit an entry. Entry via this method constitutes one (1) entry into the Promotion. Multiple submissions by a nominator or multiple submissions for a nomination will not be a deciding factor in the Promotion.
- Nomination Rules
Multimedia Formats: Each nomination may contain the following files: .doc, .jpeg,.png, .ppt, .pptx, .mp3, .mp4. There will be a 5MB limit on file sizes. Multiple file submissions are possible through zip files. If Turnitin cannot open it because the file is too large or damaged, we will disqualify the file from the nomination.
Multimedia Rules. By submitting multimedia files electronically, the sponsor assumes you are confirming that you are the owner and copyright owner of the work submitted. If any one of the multimedia files contains identifiable people, you are confirming that you have permission from those people. If multimedia files contains student work or proprietary information, you are confirming that you have obtained permission to use it for this Promotion.
- Privacy, Use of Information and Publicity. Any personal information received by Sponsor in connection with this Promotion will be used solely in accordance with Sponsor’s privacy pledge, which can be found at https://help.turnitin.com/Privacy_and_Security/Privacy_and_Security.htm
By submitting a nomination, you grant that the Sponsor owns the right to use the multimedia files for non-commercial purposes without giving compensation, royalties or fees for its usage, where such usage may include, but is not limited to, announcements, educator features, and publicity following the Turnitin Excellence Awards. All self-nominations and winners agree to allow Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- Rewards. Participants and winners of the Turnitin Excellence Awards may have professional opportunities to be content and product contributors, be involved in loyalty or research programs, and become leaders in the global Turnitin community.
- Promotion. Sponsor is the sole judging organization whose decisions as to the operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
- Release. By receipt of any Promotion prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Conditions of Participation. By participating in the Promotion, you agree that Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with Sponsor’s website, Turnitin, the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE OR INTERNET LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN THE PROMOTION.
- Governing Law. These Official Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Alameda County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.