This has been the Mother of All Semesters. And we hope you are faring well. It's hard to laugh, but it's also important to laugh. Also, it’s good to have goals and to have something to which to look forward. So here are some things educators can’t wait to do, post-pandemic (or in some cases, after this pandemic term):
1. Go out wearing my best clothing and eat at a restaurant with friends. BRUNCH!
2. Only wear soft pants from now on, even to teach. There is no. going. back.
3. Get rid of my facemask tan line.
4. Open up an etsy store for all the scarves we knitted / crocheted, and the embroidering and calligraphy art we made while isolating.
5. Form a band now that I've learned how to play a guitar / trombone / saxophone / trumpet / bongo drums during isolation.
6. Sing happy birthday at an actual birthday party instead of while washing my hands. And eat the cake after someone blows the candles out. Oh wait. Maybe the candle tradition should change.
7. Get a mani-pedi when the nail salons open up again.
8. Confiscate cell phones again. Can't wait. If only because it means we are all in classrooms again.
9. Do How-To Youtube videos with our newly gained LMS power user skills. WAAAAAH.
10. HUG EVERYONE. Especially my students!!!
11. Be back in the classroom. (Which means my child will be back in their classroom).
We hope you're hanging in there. Here's to a better future.
Turnitin blog posts, delivered straight to your inbox.