Creating "Revision" Assignments
When creating an assignment, instructors have the option of setting the assignment to be a "revision" assignment. Student users can only submit one paper per assignment. If the instructor wishes students to submit multiple drafts without overwriting the previous drafts, the instructor can create additional assignments using the revision assignment type. Revision assignments are duplicates of the "parent" assignment's advanced options and standard settings, but may have new start, due, and post dates. The revision assignment may have a different Generate Originality Reports for student submissions setting. The instructor may also select a different set of optional special instructions, or assign a different point value.
How to create a "revision" assignment
- Click on the class name
- Click on the "new assignment" button
- Select "Revision Assignment" by clicking on the radio button next to Revision Assignment
- Click on the Next Step button
- Select which paper assignment the revision assignment will be based on
- Set the assignment dates and times using the date pull down menus
- From the generate Originality Reports for student submissions pull down menu select one of the following three options: immediately (first report is final), immedaitely (can overwrite reports until due date), and on due date
- Decide whether to allow students to see the Originality Reports by using the "allow students to see Originality Reports?" pull-down menu
- Click submit to create the assignment
- Revision assignments will appear on the assignment list under the paper assignment it is based on.