Turnitin sponsors a number of initiatives to help our community, support education and inspire volunteerism.
This May, three deserving seniors from the Oakland Public Schools became Turnitin Scholars and received 4-year scholarships to the college of their choice. Turnitin partnered with the East Bay College Fund to recognize the extraordinary resilience and academic achievements of these amazing students.
Anna ApaAmerican Indian Public School
Attending UC Berkeley, Fall 2013
Jose CabreraArise High School
Attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Fall 2013
Jordan HollyOakland School for the Arts
Attending UC Riverside, Fall 2013
Turnitin Volunteer Days
You can find Turnitin employees volunteering at the Alameda County Community Food Bank every calendar quarter! Since 2011, Turnitin has sponsored employees for over 200 hours of charitable work.
Pictured, from left to right:
Ismael, Jully, Greg A., Phyllis, Micah, Cheral, Tabitha, James M., and Sean
Turnitin Charity Match
Turnitin supports qualified charities chosen by employees with a 1:1 cash donation-matching program. Since 2010, Turnitin has matched over $71,000 in employee donations to these organizations:
- Alameda County Food Bank
- American Cancer Society Inc.
- American Diabetes Assoc
- American Red Cross
- Associated Parents Club of Piedmont
- Autism Speaks
- Calaveras County Senior Center
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation (CARF)
- Clausen House
- Coastside Adult Day Health Center
- Compassion International
- Glide Memorial Church
- Gracepoint Church
- Home and Hope
- Leukemia Research Foundation
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Wrestling Coaches Association
- OASES (Oakland Asian Students Educational Services)
- Park Day School
- Peninsula Musical Arts Assoc.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Prospect Sierra
- Sacramento Japanese United Methodist Church
- Solano Select Academy
- Special Olympics of Northern CA/Tera Saigal
- St. Ignatius of Antioch
- St. Jude Children's Hospital
- The Humane Society of the United States
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation
- Valley Community Church
- Wat Monkolratanaram, Inc.
Winter Coat Drive
Each winter, Turnitin employees eagerly clean out their closets and donate lightly-used coats to One Warm Coat, helping local men, women and children stay warm throughout the year. Since this program started in 2012, Turnitin employees have donated more than 130 coats.
The DuPont Challenge
The DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition recognizes both students and their teachers for addressing our most pressing global challenges, such as hunger, energy conservation and protecting the environment. Students research and write essays that demonstrate the application of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) to our daily lives and suggest innovative ways to deal with these global concerns. As a sponsor, Turnitin donates its services to review the essays of the semi-finalists and finalists for the judges.